These hazel varieties have been used in commercial plantings in New Zealand or overseas and are in our collection. Except for the main commercial varieties we do not have stocks on hand, although we may be able to propagate small quantities to order.
Detailed information and a guide to identifying hazelnut varieties available in New Zealand can be found at www.hazelnut.org.nz.
- A useful late polliniser.
Low vigour variety, producing good yields of a small round nut.
- Vigorous variety with high yields of a medium-large nut.
- Vigorous variety with excellent yields.
- Vigorous, attractive variety with heavy yields.
- A vigorous variety with good yields of an attractive large nut.
- Very late polliniser.
- Medium vigour, upright tree bearing high yields of a long nut.
- Vigorous variety with high yields of a very attractive mediumlarge nut.
- Medium low vigour, high yields of medium sized nuts.
- Medium vigour, producing good yields of a medium sized nut with a round clean kernel.
- Vigorous tree with high yields of a medium sized nut.
- Low vigour tree with good yields of a medium sized, long nut.
- Vigorous variety bearing very high yields of medium-small nuts.
- Medium vigour, with good yields of a small nut
- Low vigour, open tree.
- Low vigour variety with good yields of a medium small round nut.
- Low vigour variety. A long nut.